X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yarvik Xenta 97ic (TAB9-200)

NEW IN STORE: The Yarvik Xenta 97ic (TAB9-200) is released this week. This 9,7" beauty boasts a very powerful 1,6 GHz Dual Core Cortex A9 processor with 1 GB of DDR3 RAM, resulting in lightning fast graphics for gaming and surfing. Recommended Retail Price is 269,- incl. VAT

Hi, ordered mine and it arrived yesterday.

I owned a Scroll Extreme, which I think is the same as the single core Yarvik models. I returned this due to the case cracking around the headphone socket, I see someone has the same issue on the Yarvik.

Not had much chance to play yet but its much much quicker than the single core model, screen looks about the same and the camera's are still the same. Google Play is installed and working correct, this device doesn't have root access, advantage is that the Google Play movie rental app installs now. Things like BBC iPlayer work perfect via the browser, and the Youtube app plays HQ content without a glitch.

Not sure what this tablet is based on, but so far it seems good.

Comment

Are you able to install using Play the latest Google apps ? (G+, Youtube ect)

and does the official Skype works correct with video ? I did not had th change to try one out and i'm kind of wondering if this one finally is compatible with all apps...

What for me make a tablet useless is when you can't install all apps... like total commander, one of the best apps around will not install using Google play on most Yarvik's.
      you can do it using an other market but that is just an workaround.

Comment

Hi,

i have received two of these tablets - these are MUCH faster than the 465 (more than twice as fast), i am very happy. Have installed Skype, Youtube and much other Apps more - all without troubles. The wlan and bluetooth ist fast and without problems.

Comment

I've been able to install G+ and Youtube and Skype, all seem to work fine.

No issues with wireless or bluetooth.

My only complaint so far is that there is only around 500mb for internal app storage. I'm using about 350 already so I'm not sure how many more apps I can install before its full.

Comment

That sucks a bit....

Most apps you can move to sd but there are still a lot that need to b installed on the internal memory...

but a good sign most apps seems to work fine that is an good step in the right direction for Yarvik! Maybe they do listen to all the complains afterall....

Comment

But it is a 16 GB version. Then why is there less space for apps?

Originally posted by rsocon View Post
              I've been able to install G+ and Youtube and Skype, all seem to work fine.

No issues with wireless or bluetooth.

My only complaint so far is that there is only around 500mb for internal app storage. I'm using about 350 already so I'm not sure how many more apps I can install before its full.

Comment

Probably Yarvik still mess with the way the memory works and the 16Gb is seen as an internal SD card and not as real internal memory. Most apps that can not be installed on an SD card wil now be placed in the internal memory (on tablet) and that is pretty fast full.

I have on the Asus all internal memory and ONE SD card the one I did placed... so all apps can be installed on the tablet and without loosing all my memory.
                As far as I know works it that way with almost all brands and they do not have internal sd cards.

Comment

This was the point i was trying to make in my own thread.We have 4gb 8gb 16gb tablets and yet there is only 500mb or maybe 1gb of space for installing apps???? why? Surely this problem could be sorted with a firmware update,I cannot believe this is a Hardware problem.

Comment

it is an hardware problem.

by using cheap controller chips and cutting corners. All Yarvik tablets have the weird internal SD card and you never can put your apps on the external one on the Yarvik tablets.

As long this works from the first tablet they made till now I really not believe they will fix it with an software upgrade.... it's just a way those crappy things are build.

It sucks a lot, your external card you can only use to put media on it and back ups but no app at all.

Comment

Hi all,

Last week I got my Yarvik Xenta 97ic and so far I'm pretty happy with it.

It runs smooth, web browsing goes fast (I use Chrome, take note that chrome doesn't support flash), all my apps are running fine so far (facebook, twitter, skype, Angrybirds, Google currents, LinkedIn, youtube, and many more...).

The audio is OK for a tablet.

The screen is OK, I'm happy with it. (Comparing this screen with an Ipad makes no sense)

Google play works great and so far I did not see any problems with installing apps.

Power/start up and power down time is acceptable and OK.

The tablet design is nice.

Battery life is OK.

The front and back webcam are not great but acceptable for me. I didn't buy it for the webcam.

In the sun the glass display has reflection, but for me this is not a big problem because I'm not planning to use it in the sun.

The storage for apps is indeed small, I'm almost running out of storage for apps. I only have +/-120mb left for apps and I moved all the apps I could to SD.

Maybe this can still have solved changed with a firmware update?
                      I think this should be possible, the NAND disk is about 14gb or so, so why can't they reserve some extra storage for apps from the large NAND storage?

I payed 250 euro for it and so far (after 5 days of usage) I can say I'm happy with it and it's the money well worth.
                      At this moment I would advise everyone who is looking for a budget tablet this tablet.

Comment

Sounds good exept the storage....

I was yesterday fooling around with some SD card tools but could not even use a single one on the Yarvik for the external SD card at all...

I did increase the buffer on the Asus for the external SD card and the read/write speed almost doubled !! thought cool do the same on the 465...... right..... no change.

It only see the internal "card"

As long the new Yarviks have the same way of memory use I would not recomand it and if you wane buy cheap I would advise an Archos tablet.

Those do work the same as the big names and are in the same low prize range as the Yarvik but build way better with awesome support and better screens.

IF Yarvik would change the way they manage the memory it would be different, the tablets have potential and what I know about the new model it's almost good....
                        but with the support and the memory thing I would not recommend it right now.

You give an good example, after 5 day's you only have 120 mb left.... so in a bit you have to remove apps or stop adding them and that way you limit yourself in using the tablet the way you might want.. it's like buying an awesome car with an 2 liter gas tank looks great runs nice but you can not go anywhere.....

But maybe someone have the solution to change the partition and make more internal memory free to store apps, then things change in the good way and will the tablet be way more useful and flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by John01 View Post
                          Sounds good exept the storage....

I was yesterday fooling around with some SD card tools but could not even use a single one on the Yarvik for the external SD card at all...

I did increase the buffer on the Asus for the external SD card and the read/write speed almost doubled !! thought cool do the same on the 465...... right..... no change.

It only see the internal "card"

As long the new Yarviks have the same way of memory use I would not recomand it and if you wane buy cheap I would advise an Archos tablet.

Those do work the same as the big names and are in the same low prize range as the Yarvik but build way better with awesome support and better screens.

IF Yarvik would change the way they manage the memory it would be different, the tablets have potential and what I know about the new model it's almost good....
                          but with the support and the memory thing I would not recommend it right now.

You give an good example, after 5 day's you only have 120 mb left.... so in a bit you have to remove apps or stop adding them and that way you limit yourself in using the tablet the way you might want.. it's like buying an awesome car with an 2 liter gas tank looks great runs nice but you can not go anywhere.....

But maybe someone have the solution to change the partition and make more internal memory free to store apps, then things change in the good way and will the tablet be way more useful and flexible.

John,

It's not a hardware problem for tablet allwinner with. A10 soc chip. If you google, you will see that you can change the size of the partition. You must unpack the livesuite image,edit two sys_config fiiles and change value of userdata partition. Then repack the image and flash

When livesuite make the flash, it read this files for the format and partitionning of the nand flash.

When you do that, you break the warranty.

The new tablet xentia has a rockship processor. I have not seen for the moment any solution to resize the partition

Comment

I will look into that...

As far as warranty.... you will NOT break it...

If you change the ROM or whatever kind of software you still have the warranty on the tablet, whatever a store or Yarvik tells that's the law simple as that.

What you do loose is the right for support... as long you not use the software Yarvik support (sorry I did fall from my chair laughing) they can not support that and that make total sense.

It's the same when you buy an computer at Dell, if you use the preinstalled software you can call them when you have problems with it. If you run Linux on it or any other software not supplied with the system they will only help you when hardware is defect.

and beside, if someone can change a ROM and flash it it's easy to put the original back

but the tip is great! even not all winchip pcb's are the same.... not even tablets with the same type number have the same hardware special the 465

Comment

Originally posted by John01 View Post
                              I will look into that...

As far as warranty.... you will NOT break it...

If you change the ROM or whatever kind of software you still have the warranty on the tablet, whatever a store or Yarvik tells that's the law simple as that.

What you do loose is the right for support... as long you not use the software Yarvik support (sorry I did fall from my chair laughing) they can not support that and that make total sense.

It's the same when you buy an computer at Dell, if you use the preinstalled software you can call them when you have problems with it. If you run Linux on it or any other software not supplied with the system they will only help you when hardware is defect.

and beside, if someone can change a ROM and flash it it's easy to put the original back

but the tip is great! even not all winchip pcb's are the same.... not even tablets with the same type number have the same hardware special the 465
                              Google keyword : feiyu COMMON _SYS_CONFIG000000 userdata_2gb imgrepacker

Comment

Working...
                              X