X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAB450 will not boot up

Hi - I have a TAB450 - 2 months old - now refuses to boot up - starts the boot up sequence, but stalls at 'Starting ... ' and gets no further. Screen display, with Yarvik logo, then starts to break up ! Any ideas ?
    Rgds
    D Herlihy

Hey. The same problem I also have. I got it 1 month. I do not know what to do. You found some way to started?http://forum.yarvik.com/images/icons/icon8.png

Comment

problem

Hey. I also have the same problem. I used restore factory settings, but without success. Whole process was successful. "SCREEN NAME YARVIK Z", but without loading to write. Leaving only a black screen. Welcome all advice and ideas. Thank you.

Comment

TAB450 won't boot up

Hi, Kelaso and thanks for response.

I have decided to give up, and have applied to local supplier, Komplett.ie, for a replacement product. I am in the middle of the template-filling stage. I hope to have a replacement product in a week or two.

Please let me know if there is any change/improvement with your product.

Rgds

D Herlihy

Comment

Originally posted by D Herlihy View Post
          Hi, Kelaso and thanks for response.

I have decided to give up, and have applied to local supplier, Komplett.ie, for a replacement product. I am in the middle of the template-filling stage. I hope to have a replacement product in a week or two.

Please let me know if there is any change/improvement with your product.

Rgds

D Herlihy
          i have the same problem.
          did you have another one now from the factory

Comment

Having the same problem, welcome screen, yarvik logo and after that black screen. The factory reset procedure loads the same image that doesn't work.
            Anybody found a solution?

Comment

TAB450 won't boot up

28th May

Hi

Thanks for response. I had to bring my TAB450 back to the retailer and get a refund. No other solution would work. In the end, they gave me an Arnova 10, which is still working fine. Fingers crossed !

D Herlihy

Comment

Originally posted by D Herlihy View Post
                28th May
                Hi
                Thanks for response. I had to bring my TAB450 back to the retailer and get a refund. No other solution would work. In the end, they gave me an Arnova 10, which is still working fine. Fingers crossed !
                D Herlihy
                Hi Herlihy, if the bootloader is working fine (welcome screen displayed, could get into recovery mod,...) then the tablet can be flashed again with the original ROM. All Infotmic Imapx210 know how to boot from SD card, if you insert a bootable SD card. Then, it depends what you put on SD card.

The main thing is the TAB450 can be restored as long as the bootloader is not damaged. It's like re-installing windows if you have a working BIOS and a installation CD. Here, we're missing the installation files.
                Although these could be backed up from another TAB450, I don't know anybody close to own such a tablet.

Comment

Yarvik, please provide a working software.

Comment

We are sorry to inform you that there are no loose additional firmwares for the TAB450.
                    When trying to perform an "hard factory reset" and the image is not properly detected then it is possible that there is an curruption in the storage of the tablet.
                    We would recommend in this case to have the unit checked by your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      We would recommend in this case to have the unit checked by your dealer.
                      That's not possible. And it's not my fault that you're software is of low quality. Guess that's a reason why Google never certified Yarvik tablets, how could they certify a tablet which fails after a few months? You can see that A LOT of user are having the same problem.

Saying that Yarvik software is good, is like calling all of us stupid.

Anyways, according to GNU/GPL policy you are required to provide the source code. Waiting for your reply.

Thank you!

Comment

What did you thought lolz

Yarvik even put Youtube video's online to promote the tablets and is using modified tablets.

the video on the 465 had even Play installed that is just there way to fool people that do not know Yarvik.

the wanne be that tells how awsome the tablet is does not show anything usefull and by not using a stock tablet in their
                        own promotion video tells that they had to make it work and that is something Yarvik forgot to tell.

But Yarvik forget a lot to tell.

they hide behind the Dutch law that the suplier need to take care of you if the product fails......

Mine 465 is still working fine but I have one more or less to break it with expiriments for the price you can do that
                        the Asus I have works briliant and that one I did not even root.

reading this forum and other fora like 50% of all Yarvik tablets are broken whitin 2 months... damm mine will break this week.....

Comment

Originally posted by John01 View Post
                          the video on the 465 had even Play installed that is just there way to fool people that do not know Yarvik.
                          Did you watch the video? Then you should have heard that (quote from video) "Play Store is only on there for testing purposes, tablet does not come with it."

Comment

I did but they make it look like you can just put it there....

A decent brand make those video's with an tablet just as the cutomers will get....

they should demonstrate the tablet while chrarching and how the Getjar works...

when it was a revieuw from someone it woeld be different.

but at least they did show you have to make it work yourself....

there will be soon an item on a Dutch tv program about low end tablets and I know
                            the name Yarvik will be there a lot.....

Comment

John01 if you dont like Yarvik why in the world have you bought one then??
                              I have mine for sometime now and never had problems and my kids still enjoy it.
                              If you dont like it just sell the thing and get it over.

Even A brands have issues, i also have an Galaxy Tab and the desktop keeps crashing (is rapported by more users) and nothing is done by Samsung either.
                              The kies software sucks ass from Samsung and no again Samsung does not do anything.

Thats just my two cents about the matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X