Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
google play store Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • google play store

    hi,
    where can I find an explanation how to install?
    Yours
    Manfred

  • #2
    Originally posted by mmvk View Post
    hi,
    where can I find an explanation how to install?
    Yours
    Manfred
    Hit that search button!! Dozens of descriptions and procedures over here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you,
      I already downloaded the file Vending.apk and installed the Root Explorer.
      Now I am hanging because I cannot copy the file Vending.apk into the directory /system/app/. The failure message is: Your handy does not seem to be rooted. This is needed to change or delete protected files. The easiest way to find out how to unlock your handy is to input in google "Root Name of your telephone" and to follow the introduction.
      ???
      Best regards from Vienna sent by
      Manfred

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mmvk View Post
        Thank you,
        I already downloaded the file Vending.apk and installed the Root Explorer.
        Now I am hanging because I cannot copy the file Vending.apk into the directory /system/app/. The failure message is: Your handy does not seem to be rooted. This is needed to change or delete protected files. The easiest way to find out how to unlock your handy is to input in google "Root Name of your telephone" and to follow the introduction.
        ???
        Best regards from Vienna sent by
        Manfred
        You cannot copy the file because your device isn't rooted (properly). When your device is rooted you have to possibility to edit the "core files and directories" of your device, and /system belongs to that.

        The easiest way to root your device is by using SuperOneClick, which you can download from my Dropbox here. Extract the directory somewhere and open the .exe file. Connect your device to your computer using USB and the USB SLAVE port of your device and I think USB debugging should be enabled. Hit root and the program should root your device, which may take up to a few minutes.

        At least, this is the ideal situation. SuperOneClick is a universal way of rooting Android devices, so I have no idea whether it will work for your tablet or not, since I haven't tested it with your device. The only device I rooted with SuperOneClick was my friend's Samsung Galaxy Gio, which actually worked like a charm.

        If things go wrong you may completely break your device, but I think SuperOneClick will check if it can root your device, so I guess things could be save.

        Remember that everything you do with your device is at your own risk and all responsibility is with you​, plus your warranty will be void.
        Last edited by Remcotjuuh; 24-10-2012, 16:05.

        Comment


        • #5
          Dear Remcotjuuh,
          thank you for the introduction. I have understood the risk and I am still thinking.
          On the one hand the Google play store seems to be the only useable app-browser, on the other hand I am content with my tablet, whose only sense is to have a 2nd internet-machine during travelling.
          Best regards from Vienna sent by
          Manfred
          Last edited by mmvk; 25-10-2012, 02:05.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, for a refresher on the issue of the rooting of Yarvik tablets you may want to read this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.p...-or-not-Rooted including a lengthy post I've made there.
            AFAIK this still applies to more recent models, although Yarvik once warned that future models might no longer be rooted out of the box.

            As for the exact steps to be taken to finalize the rooting process i.e. installing what's needed for the applications to be able to use root privileges, I'm sure there must be step-by-step guidance here, I just can't find it right now.

            Remco, your reference to SuperOneClick confuses me. First, this shouldn't be needed as the tablets are pre-rooted. Second, AFAIK it works only up to Gingerbread. Actually, running SuperOneClick might do the trick because the step that exploits a security hole to gain a root shell on ADB won't do anything, but since ADB shells already are root on Yarvik Tablet the script might well decide that it has done its job and proceed with the installation of Busybox, su and Superuser, which is what people ultimately want. However this is overkill and possibly a bit dangerous. I don't know what the exploit does precisely.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mmvk View Post
              Dear Remcotjuuh,
              thank you for the introduction. I have understood the risk and I am still thinking.
              On the one hand the Google play store seems to be the only useable app-browser, on the other hand I am content with my tablet, whose only sense is to have a 2nd internet-machine during travelling.
              Best regards from Vienna sent by
              Manfred
              In that case I strongly advise you to simply use the 1Mobile Market. It's an alternative app market I used either with many apps and they even provide updates. You can download an .apk to install the market on your tablet at the website www.1mobile.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lannig View Post
                Remco, your reference to SuperOneClick confuses me. First, this shouldn't be needed as the tablets are pre-rooted..
                The only well prerooted Yarvik tablets I can think of are the Tab 465/6/7/8 and possibly some later models either.

                Second, AFAIK it works only up to Gingerbread.
                The tablet concerning this issue isn't rooted and runs Gingerbread.

                Actually, running SuperOneClick might do the trick because the step that exploits a security hole to gain a root shell on ADB won't do anything, but since ADB shells already are root on Yarvik Tablet the script might well decide that it has done its job and proceed with the installation of Busybox, su and Superuser, which is what people ultimately want. However this is overkill and possibly a bit dangerous. I don't know what the exploit does precisely
                I don't know what the exploit does precisely either, but what I do know is that SuperOneClick simply installs Busybox, su and Superuser as you said, so I guess it should be safe for this tablet, well, at least possible, since it worked for my friend's non-rooted, stock Samsung Galaxy Gio running Gingerbread too.
                Last edited by Remcotjuuh; 26-10-2012, 22:08.

                Comment

                Working...
                X