Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dev status [rom] Cyanogenmod 9 for the TAB464

Code:
    #include /** Your warranty is now void.** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/
    Okay yesterday mine tab420 has been replaced for a tab464 Because i had cyanogenmod 9 working on my TAb420 i'll try to get the same result for the TAb464

This thread will function as status update thread!!

Status

30-09-2012
    Added Installation instructions to the second post

12-09-2012

Camera Fixed
    Testing CM10

10-09-2012

find missing modules between originale ics 4.0.4 init.sun4i.rc and cynanogenmod init.sun4i.rc DONE
    compile missing modules using leeked lichee sourcecode Cann't because of missing sourcecode ts drivers
    create compatible zip file Done ;-)

06-09-2012

backup created from the partitiosn nand(a,c,g) with ADB , system backuped with Tar
    output lsmod original 4.04 firmware http://pastebin.com/0YFbMpjh
    extract kernel config from boot.img http://pastebin.com/dytFyxeH

Issues

When returning from deep sleep wifi does not work, workaround set wifi sleep policy to never
    Last edited by lownoise; 01-10-2012, 08:12. Reason: Back to reality!!

Installation Instructions

Needed:
    1) a10trecovery.apk
    2) cwm
    3) Cyanogen Nightly
    4) Gapps
    5) Compatibility file for the TAB464

Step one (Download files)

Download above files
    http://www.multiupload.nl/U3N2G2MKWO
    http://www.multiupload.nl/6Q9CYIY2JL
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3jxjy...0_20121006.zip
    http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/...726-signed.zip
    http://www.multiupload.nl/HEHKVLIQLV

Step Two (extract rar,zip file)

Extract a10trecovery.rar
    Extract cwm-a10_6.0.1.0.zip

Step Three (copy used files)

Copy a10trecovery.apk and recovery.img to the root of you sdcard
    Create a cm10 directory in the root of your sdcard
    copy cyanogenmod nightly, gapps and the compatibility zip file to the cm10 directory on your sdcard

Step Four (install a10trecovery.apk)

Open efs file explorer on your tablet and double tick on the a10trecovery.apk, when it ask you to install tick yes
    When a10trecovery.apk has been installed open it on your tablet from you app drawler
    Inside a10trecovery.apk hoose
    install cwm recovery image (check File)
    install cwm recovery image (Install Recovery)
    boot into Recovery Mode

Step five (inside clockworkmod recovery (cwm))

Inside CWM you can navigate up/down with your volume buttons, confirm(enter) with your power button

Step six ( create backup)

Better save to be sorry first create a backup!

backup and restore
    backup to internal sdcard

Step 7 (Factory Reset)

wipe data/factory reset

Step 8 (install Cyanogenmod 10)

install zip from sdcard
    choose zip from internal sdcard
    cm10_a10_20120913.zip
    yes, install
    gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
    Yes, Install
    yarvik464_compatibility_v1.2
    Yes, Install
    ****go back***
    reboot system now

enjoy cm10!!
    Last edited by lownoise; 19-10-2012, 16:51. Reason: New CM10 Version

Comment

Subscribed! Will keep an eye out for you. I'll be more than happy to be a lab rat. Good luck!

Comment

Again awesome work dude

Comment

Hi all, just got a new 464 for my mom. After insalling the standard ICS 4.0.4 the tablets has accuired a few bugs when it comes to copying and deleting things from EXTSD (it acts as the SD is corrupeted, different SDs sames bugs). I would be happy if anyone as much as fixes this isue, not even talking about making a custom ROM for it.

If anyone knows anything related to the subjesct please poke me. Thank you. And thanks to the guy working on that cyanogen.

Comment

Yeah It's Booting

See Post 2 for the screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by lownoise View Post
              See Post 2 for the screenshot
              This is awesome news! Thanks for all your hard work! Let me know what I can do to help!

Comment

[CODE]

find missing modules between originale ics 4.0.4 init.sun4i.rc and cynanogenmod init.sun4i.rc DONE
                compile missing modules using leeked lichee sourcecode Cann't because of missing sourcecode ts drivers
                create compatible zip file Done ;-)
                Great job indeed, congratulations. Something I wanted to do on my MPMAN MID104C (TAB464 clone) sooner or later, but you're miles ahead now.
                I have a few questions if you don't mind: how did you build the compatibility zip? did you pick modules from various other compatibility zips and mixed them into a new zip file? or did you take them from the stock Yarvik 4.0.4 firmware? (with vermagic patched?)
                Which source code is missing exactly? I was under the impression that all drivers had leaked in source form for CM9, because AFAIK Christian Troy builds them from source.
                I had been told that the Protab2 XXL compatibility zip should normally work on the TAB464 and clones, I suppose you have tried this one as well haven't you?
                What about the script.bin and script0.bin files from the compatibility zip? which one did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Lannig View Post
                  Great job indeed, congratulations. Something I wanted to do on my MPMAN MID104C (TAB464 clone) sooner or later, but you're miles ahead now.
                  I have a few questions if you don't mind: how did you build the compatibility zip? did you pick modules from various other compatibility zips and mixed them into a new zip file? or did you take them from the stock Yarvik 4.0.4 firmware? (with vermagic patched?)
                  Which source code is missing exactly? I was under the impression that all drivers had leaked in source form for CM9, because AFAIK Christian Troy builds them from source.
                  I had been told that the Protab2 XXL compatibility zip should normally work on the TAB464 and clones, I suppose you have tried this one as well haven't you?
                  What about the script.bin and script0.bin files from the compatibility zip? which one did you use?

No i don't mind that you have some questions

The Source files from the touchscreen drivers are missing, It's not on Cristian's github neither on the alwinnerwk repo, so i could do only one thing, and that is vermagic the .ko files with the correct kernel version!
                  I did use the original files from the 4.0.4 stock image. I didn't use the script.bin and the script0.bin because i don't see the point of using it....

Comment

I'm very much willing to test it on my machine, if you're willing and need a tester.

Comment

Cm10

It looks like CM10 is even running better

I'll test the rom till this weekend if all went fine i'll release the TAB464 compatible zip file for you guys

Comment

No i don't mind that you have some questions

The Source files from the touchscreen drivers are missing, It's not on Cristian's github neither on the alwinnerwk repo, so i could do only one thing, and that is vermagic the .ko files with the correct kernel version!
                        I did use the original files from the 4.0.4 stock image. I didn't use the script.bin and the script0.bin because i don't see the point of using it....
                        Thanks for your replies, Lownoise. I appreciate it.
                        Have you considered asking Christian Troy about the missing TS drivers? I'm sure he would be interested in your work so he might be able to hint you at the right place to find them if they are anywhere to be found.
                        AFAIK the compatibility zips do include the script[0].bin files, don't they? so which one have you been using so far? none, really?
                        What about the Protab 2 XXL files? tried them or not at all?

As for the issue with the camera, I'm sure you have noticed already that some compatibility zips include extra files especially for the camera (camera.cfg). Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lannig View Post
                          Thanks for your replies, Lownoise. I appreciate it.
                          Have you considered asking Christian Troy about the missing TS drivers? I'm sure he would be interested in your work so he might be able to hint you at the right place to find them if they are anywhere to be found.
                          AFAIK the compatibility zips do include the script[0].bin files, don't they? so which one have you been using so far? none, really?
                          What about the Protab 2 XXL files? tried them or not at all?

As for the issue with the camera, I'm sure you have noticed already that some compatibility zips include extra files especially for the camera (camera.cfg). Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here.
                          Lanning,

Yes I've considered asking Christian About the missing driver, However i wasn't sure if he could find the missing source code, It isn't a big deal as long as we stay on this kernel version.
                          Indeed the compatibility zips include the scipt[0].bin files but can you tell me the point of including these files? The Protab 2 XXL files do not included one of the drivers i'am using now and why using a compatibility zip file from another device?
                          Really it isn't to hard to make the zip files on your own! If you need help for your device let me know and i'll help to create them!

The Camera issue was already fixed as you could have read in the OP

Off Topic

Jelly bean is working even better dan ICS on this tablet

Regards, Lownoise

Comment

Watching this thread everyday. I can't way to test it on my Yarvik Tab 464! Thanks so much, lownoise! Let us know when you would be releasing the compatibility zips (and I hope it comes with noob-proof instructions on how to apply it on our Tab 464).

Comment

Lownoise,

Lanning,

Yes I've considered asking Christian About the missing driver, However i wasn't sure if he could find the missing source code, It isn't a big deal as long as we stay on this kernel version.
                              Indeed the compatibility zips include the scipt[0].bin files but can you tell me the point of including these files?
                              Well they are fairly important since they define the hardware configuration of the tablet as used by the early stages of the boot.
                              However you're right, at this point I don't see a reason for not using the ones flashed with the stock firmware.
                              There must be a reason that escapes both of us, though, else what is the point of including them in compatibility zips like Christian Troy does?

The Protab 2 XXL files do not included one of the drivers i'am using now
                              May I ask which one?

and why using a compatibility zip file from another device?
                              Well, when it's all you have

Really it isn't to hard to make the zip files on your own! If you need help for your device let me know and i'll help to create them!
                              I know it's not hard. I think I have all the bits to build them myself. I only lack:
                              - enough free time
                              - stock Livesuit firmware for some of my tablets as a safety net ... I don't have Yarviks but (more or less) clones from another vendor (MPMAN). These don't put firmware online for their tablets. I have firmware that I know works for the MID74C, but still not sure for the MID84C & 104C

The Camera issue was already fixed as you could have read in the OP
                              Sorry, missed that.

Off Topic

Jelly bean is working even better dan ICS on this tablet

Regards, Lownoise
                              Sounds great. Is graphics h/w acceleration working on JB now? It used to be missing so e.g. it was impossible to play HD movies.

Again, thanks for your work and your time answering my questions too.

Comment

Working...
                              X