Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tab467 update to Android4.0.4 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tab467 update to Android4.0.4

    I've followed the Yarvik Android 4.0.4 upgrade instructions and everything is fine up to step 3.When I point LiveSuit to the path name in the Image field of the LiveSuit software upgrade i.e \Tab467.img then disconnect and plug the USB cable in again all I get is the message "file invalid" instead of seeing the message in the instuctions. I have retried several times without success. Can anybody please help?

    Many Thanks

    Laurence

  • #2
    Did you try downloading the ROM again ? maybe it's corrupted.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tab467

      I've downloaded files from site 4 times without success.Should I try downloading the img file for Tab468 and renaming it 467. The img file only seems to contain Nero burn and ssentilas so it cannot be specific to Tab467.
      Many thanks for your time and interest.

      Laurence

      PS - what is the ROM?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by reppiks View Post
        I've downloaded files from site 4 times without success.Should I try downloading the img file for Tab468 and renaming it 467. The img file only seems to contain Nero burn and ssentilas so it cannot be specific to Tab467.
        Many thanks for your time and interest.

        Laurence

        PS - what is the ROM?
        The ROM is the .img file

        Comment


        • #5
          To be honest I have no idea what you are doing.....

          Stay away from anything else then the live suite and Nero can handle an image but not those, with Nero your talking about an image from an cd or dvd.... not an image containing the OS (Operating System in this case Android) A ROM is the OS as used on tablets, it will be stored in the Flash memory and not on a disk, a ROM is also more or less an fixed OS you can not juast as in windows fool around with it..


          Now, Do not just download an other ROM and rename it sometimes it work most of the times not... the link I did put in the post before is the Yarvik ROM to upgrade the 464 to the newer improved Icecream sandwich OS that should work fine. If you have problems downloading it then there is something else wrong on the PC.

          When you have downloaded it and you put that ROM where you can find it, open the livesuite, select that file (the ROM) and follow the steps as in the upgrade manual.

          I'm totally not a fan of the Yarvik ROM's but I know they work if you do it the right way.... and the manual to do it is clear as long you follow the steps and not improvise.

          Comment


          • #6
            You first set in browser Options-applications , on file in extension *.iso : save file or always ask .I downloaded ROM for 477 and checked his MD5 , result is: c0575493cc9644fa8c2cad22cfc7a8f7 *TAB467EUK_A404.img, file size 248MB.
            During download you must be patient and wait to end because server not inform user how much MB was to end.
            And finally why Yarvik not add info about correct MD5, SHA, or CRC for system image file ?!
            Last edited by treeev; 03-09-2012, 15:01.

            Comment


            • #7
              LOLZ

              With so much excellent information even an drunk monkey can flash a tablet !!

              Maybe Yarvik should hire a few.......

              http://www.drunk-monkey.com/monkey1.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                tab467

                Please go to the yarvik site - upgrade to Android 4.0.4 - for tab467 and open download file




                Originally posted by John01 View Post
                To be honest I have no idea what you are doing.....

                Stay away from anything else then the live suite and Nero can handle an image but not those, with Nero your talking about an image from an cd or dvd.... not an image containing the OS (Operating System in this case Android) A ROM is the OS as used on tablets, it will be stored in the Flash memory and not on a disk, a ROM is also more or less an fixed OS you can not juast as in windows fool around with it..


                Now, Do not just download an other ROM and rename it sometimes it work most of the times not... the link I did put in the post before is the Yarvik ROM to upgrade the 464 to the newer improved Icecream sandwich OS that should work fine. If you have problems downloading it then there is something else wrong on the PC.

                When you have downloaded it and you put that ROM where you can find it, open the livesuite, select that file (the ROM) and follow the steps as in the upgrade manual.

                I'm totally not a fan of the Yarvik ROM's but I know they work if you do it the right way.... and the manual to do it is clear as long you follow the steps and not improvise.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Image file tab467euk_404.img corrupted?

                  Originally posted by reppiks View Post
                  Please go to the yarvik site - upgrade to Android 4.0.4 - for tab467 and open download file
                  Hi, I have downloaded the ROM upgrade file 3 times, each time it was a different size. When trying to open the .zip file it comes up as an invalid file. I would like to know what size the file should be in case none of the downloads went to completion as my internet connection can sometimes be erratic. I am also looking for a link to an uncompressed .img file. Can anyone help please?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Yayaya View Post
                    Hi, I have downloaded the ROM upgrade file 3 times, each time it was a different size. When trying to open the .zip file it comes up as an invalid file. I would like to know what size the file should be in case none of the downloads went to completion as my internet connection can sometimes be erratic. I am also looking for a link to an uncompressed .img file. Can anyone help please?
                    Uff, I twice downl this ROM ( http://www.yarvik.com/userfiles/yarv...67EUK_A404.img ) and when I go properties->file size is: 248 MB (bajt: 260 452 352) and this is .img file
                    Maybe U use radio internet connection (where often connection is not stable) or You very poor computer skill user ? :/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X