X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Store - Missing Apps on Yarvik

Hi all, I'm a new yarvik user and just upgraded to 4.0.4. including the Google Play store. Works like a charm, however I'm missing some apps. Apps which do appear when searching on my Samsung Galaxy. For instance when searching on 'huizenzoeker' (yep, I'm Dutch) I don't get the right app in my results. Same ror the Nu.nl app, which is a news-app.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Can ut be a license-or compatibility issue..?

Play Store only shows apps you can install.

As long Yarvik tablets have a lot of fumy things are many apps not compatible with them.

As long your Dutch, you will see that for example NU.nl also not can be installed (well not on my 465) you have to install the very old version (however it seems that with NU it is an 4.0 problem

A lot off Google apps also will not install and when they do you get a old version (G+ Youtube)

A workaround is to install Blackmart that appstore does not look what tablet you have and let you install all apps some will work fine others just not but for G+ it works great.

Comment

Tnx John for your feedback. It is quite confusing though:

1] Some apps do show up in the search result but then have the remark it is not compatible with my device
      2] Other apps don't show up at all in the search result (already explained by John)

What is the difference? And why exactly isn't my android device compatible? No additional feedback is provided at the play store. Interesting. Thought I'd chosen an allround device...

Comment

Originally posted by Peetz View Post
        Tnx John for your feedback. It is quite confusing though:

1] Some apps do show up in the search result but then have the remark it is not compatible with my device
        2] Other apps don't show up at all in the search result (already explained by John)

What is the difference? And why exactly isn't my android device compatible? No additional feedback is provided at the play store. Interesting. Thought I'd chosen an allround device...
        Apps which aren't compatible do show up in the quick search box before actually pressing search, but after pressing the search button they won't show up. Why they aren't compatible? Probably because your device isn't listed in the list of the compatible devices of that specific app. I think the hardware should be able to handle the apps.

If there are some apps you want to have on your tab, but you can't download them to your tab, you can also back up the .apk file of the desired app on your phone using ES file Explorer. When opened, choose AppMgr in about the top right corner, hold the desired app and then choose backup. The .apk file will be stored onto your SD card and then you can install the .apk file on your tablet after transfering the .apk to your tablet.

Using alternative markets is of course an option too as said above.
        Last edited by Remcotjuuh; 02-09-2012, 21:51.

Comment

Working...
        X