Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyanogenmod for the TAB420

Code:

#include /** Your warranty is now void.** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/
    Yesterday i've created a compatible zip file for the TAB420

requirements clockworkmod recovery

the main thread is located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760929
    download the latest cm9 nightly, and gapps from the first post.
    download the compatible zip file from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=243

Enjoy cyanogenmod on your TAB420

Do you by change have an clockwork recovery that runs on th 465 ?

Sooo many will be helped by that..... including me.

Comment

Originally posted by John01 View Post
      Do you by change have an clockwork recovery that runs on th 465 ?

Sooo many will be helped by that..... including me.
      If the 465 is allwinner based, and you know the mount point of your sdcard you can try one of the cwm-a10_6 recovery's provided on this page https://code.google.com/p/allwinner-cm9/downloads/list

Comment

Itá an alwinner but I do no a lot but nothing about this

No idea about a mounting point but it help me around I will read about it then I know a bit more

tnx you help me on the way to a solution and for me the best way it to find it out then I know all about it....

an easy solution is awsome but I like to learn even now i'm old ;-)

This weekend I will dive into it

tnx again!!

Comment

Itá an alwinner but I do no a lot but nothing about this

No idea about a mounting point but it help me around I will read about it then I know a bit more

tnx you help me on the way to a solution and for me the best way it to find it out then I know all about it....

an easy solution is awsome but I like to learn even now i'm old ;-)

This weekend I will dive into it

tnx again!!
          John,

make sure to backup first the installed recovery from your device!!

There for you have to know the partition layout of your devices NAND

As for the mountpoints:

adb shell
          cat system/etc/vold.fstab

look for the line : dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandi

if it says: nandi you can try the normal cwm_a10_6.0.1.0.zip
          if it says: nandj you can try the normal wm_a10_6.0.0.7_nandj.zip
          Last edited by lownoise; 09-08-2012, 12:33.

Comment

Awsome tnx

is it correct both zip files are the same ?

And believe me I make a backup they call me mr back up lolz on every system here I run a backup twice a week I did once lost 2 Tb data that never happens again.....

On both my tablets I run often an backup an put it on my Google drive then it's save..... But tnx for the good thinking a lot just start fooling around and have no way back for not having a backup

Great to have some more people here that know stuff pretty well !!

A lot of people have quistion about custom roms and not many here know the aswers (including me).

I will have a blast this weekend !!

Comment

Awsome tnx

is it correct both zip files are the same ?

And believe me I make a backup they call me mr back up lolz on every system here I run a backup twice a week I did once lost 2 Tb data that never happens again.....

On both my tablets I run often an backup an put it on my Google drive then it's save..... But tnx for the good thinking a lot just start fooling around and have no way back for not having a backup

Great to have some more people here that know stuff pretty well !!

A lot of people have quistion about custom roms and not many here know the aswers (including me).

I will have a blast this weekend !!
              No i've made a simple copy paste mismatch for the zip file!!

for nandj it should be: cwm_a10_6.0.0.7_nandj.zip

Please make sure that you have maked the backup through adb shell
              for example
              if nandg is you recovery partition

Code:
              cat /dev/block/nandg > /sdcard/dump/recovery.img

Comment

That is why I asked..... tnx again.

You did sound to smart to give two the same links

I just made an back up and this weekend I will try it I get my Ipad tomorrow so have to playwith that first lolz

then the Yarvik can be used for things that might break it. and lolz for 120 Euro you have a new one.....

I let you know if I get it working !!

Comment

That is why I asked..... tnx again.

You did sound to smart to give two the same links

I just made an back up and this weekend I will try it I get my Ipad tomorrow so have to playwith that first lolz

then the Yarvik can be used for things that might break it. and lolz for 120 Euro you have a new one.....

I let you know if I get it working !!
                  I did exactly the same first the ipad then hacking the TAB420.

Have a nice weekend

Comment

tnx u too

I first hacked the 211 then the Asus transformer (my absolute fav tablet) and I got the 465 for free to see what it was.... (gift from MYCOM)

If I break it I niot gonna get a new one as long they are getting all Yarvik tables out of the store.

But maybe I get myself later this month one of the new tablets with dualcore to see if there is any improvement. Till now it seems that those tablets will not at the prommised time in stock...

But hey, the 465 was 2 months late.... even I bitch a lot from the 4 series the 465 seems the best buy who need more memory as long you can use an SD card....

When the iPAD is here the 465 will be on the tv with an wireless mouse/keyboard.... using it with my VPN it's awsome for BBC player and Netflix and the ABC app....

(in holland I need to use my VPN's)

and with mouse and keyboard you can keep it on the charcher and still use it lolz

but first the Rom this weekend.

Comment

I started hacking with my samsung galaxy s , which is by far one of the best hacking phones
                      for the galaxy s i created for my own custom kernels and rom's from source.
                      Now i've a HTC one X, it's just stock not even rooted. Yet

The TAB420 was original from my wife, but she got a ipad too,
                      so i've a new hacking device for my own!

The TAB420 has only 512MB internal memory, that's a shame.
                      And the touchscreen is very disappointing

You are lucky you got the device as a gift

If you managed to get your recovery working, I've only just a few days left before my vacation (4 weeks) start we could try to get CM9 working on your device

Do you have a livesuit image of your device?

Comment

Don't get me wrong it was free but not a gift,,,,,

I do things for stores and sites and get a lot of gadgets to play with but yehh most I have to give back and like the ipad I did buy it lolz

I have great connections from when I did own a few sites and I do work free lance for a Dutch tv program about consumer stuff.

but I'm lucky in some way I can try almost all tablets even I have to borrow then but had almost all brands here for a few days so I do know about what is good and not.

I only have one fav brand and that is Asus just for there awsome suport. they even send me a key for my laptop after the cat did managed to remove and eat it,,,,,,

and for free! when you ask Yarvik when they have the update for my 465 they not even know.... and they don't even have there phonenumber in the manual.... On the Asus I have phonenumbers for the whole world... I even got a free usb dongle for the gps as long the Asus had a bug with it the bugs on the Yarvik.... they just make a few promisses on this forum and that's all.

they don't have to do anything but right now they loosing a few big markets as long more and more stores are lot longer selling there tablets anymore. they get tired of all the bad response and the broken tablets.

it's a shame with a better suport and good response from Yarvik they could have something now a lot of people have an frisbee..... but it's summer so a frisbee can be fun

Comment

John,

Before you start hacking your TAB465 take a look at this thread on tweakers.net http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ages/1491656/1
                          It's all about hacking the TAB465

Comment

Working...
                          X