X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yarvik 464 camera

I think the 464 is rubbish I have no way of switching the camera around there is no camera sign in the corner to switch it round I don't think I will be buying another one

As far as I know does that model only have an VGA front camera... and then you can not switch to the back camera.

Even I can not blame Yarvik for that, the productsheet and the site is clear about the specifications of the model.

So the reason you can not switch is you only have one camera. That is not a problem but you might have overlooked that when you bought it.....

Comment

That's true - TAB464 has only 1 camera (very basic quality).

BTW. - any one have idea how to handle external, additional one, connected by usb?

In the file
      /etc/camera.cfg we cand found information:
      ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ; 1 for single camera, 2 for double camera
      ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      number_of_camera = 1
      ; CAMERA_FACING_BACK
      ; gc0308
      camera_id = 0
      ; 1 for CAMERA_FACING_FRONT
      ; 0 for CAMERA_FACING_BACK
      camera_facing = 0
      ; driver device name
      camera_device = /dev/video0
      ; device id
      ; for two camera devices with one CSI

If I connect external camera to the tablet USB port and change (or add) device
      camera_device = /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1/
      this can work? Probably some driver should be loaded first - but i have no idea how.

Any idea where I can read more about connecting external USB devices and how they are handled by android? Especially I'm interested in connecting and handling USB/serial_ports - as they are used in may units.
      For example my GPS dongle (Navibe GM720/ PL2303) is RECOGNISED by tabled TAB464 (by USB Device Info software) as /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1/
      I'm used this on Linux by installing and starting deamon gpsd (started at Ubuntu by: gpsd /dev/ttyUSB0 and next was possible starting GPS application do display data). I presume here should be possible as well - just have to recognize how...

Comment

Working...
      X